How to Refund a Game on Steam
Steam is a platform that offers a wide range of video games for players to buy and download, but sometimes those purchases do not live up to expectations. In these cases, it is important to know how to refund a game on Steam. In this article, we will provide actionable tips on how to do a Steam refund and what you should know before you try.
What is a Steam Refund?
A Steam refund is a way for customers to receive a refund for a game that they bought on Steam, if they are not satisfied with the purchase. Steam’s refund policy allows players to request a refund for any reason as long as they do so within the designated time frame.
How Long Do You Have to Refund a Game on Steam?
Steam’s refund policy allows users to request a refund within the first 14 days of purchase of the game, as long as they have played it for no more than two hours. If the game was pre-ordered, the refund window is extended to 14 days from the game’s release date.
Can You Refund a Game on Steam if You Played More Than 2 Hours?
If you have played a game for more than two hours, you may still be able to get a refund on a case-by-case basis. This means that if you have a good reason for playing the game for longer than two hours, such as problems with the game’s performance, Steam may grant you a refund anyway.
How to Request a Steam Refund?
To request a refund on Steam, follow these simple steps:
- Open your Steam client and go to your account details.
- Click on “View purchase history” to see a list of all your recent game purchases.
- Click on the game you want to refund.
- Select “I would like a refund” and select a reason for your refund request.
- Click “Submit” to complete the request.
What Happens After You Request a Refund on Steam?
After you request a refund on Steam, your request will be reviewed by their team. If your refund request meets the criteria for refund eligibility, your refund will be processed and you will receive an email confirmation. It may take several business days for the refund to be processed and for the money to be returned to your account.
What Should You Know Before Requesting a Refund on Steam?
Before you request a refund on Steam, there are a few things you should know:
- You may only refund a game once.
- If you have been banned by a game’s anti-cheat system, you may not be able to request a refund.
- You may not be able to refund individual DLC purchases if they were purchased separately from a game.
- You cannot refund games that have been gifted to you or purchases made outside of Steam.
Getting a refund on Steam is easy and can save you money on a game that didn’t meet your expectations. However, it is important to be aware of the guidelines and policies surrounding Steam refunds. Follow the steps outlined above, and use the tips and facts provided to make your refund process a smooth one.